Common Interview Questions
If you are in a job search or you have been furloughed, we recommend you begin preparing answers for these possible questions you might be asked in a job interview.
• Tell me more about yourself?
• What are your greatest strengths/weaknesses?
• What specific goals have you established for yourself for the next five to ten years?
• What are the most important reward you expect in your career?
• In what kind of work environment are you most comfortable?
• Tell me about a mistake you have made and what you learned from it.
• Tell me about a situation where you had a resolve a conflict with another person.
• What kind of people do you work best with?
• What motivates you to put forth your greatest effort?
• What five adjectives best describe you?
• Why did you major in ….?
• What were your favorite classes? Least favorite?
• How has your college experience prepared you for a career in ….?
• How has your college experience prepared you for a career in …?
• Tell me about extra-curricular activities you participated in and what you gained from them.
• Why did you leave your previous employed?
• What did you like most/least about your previous job?
• Describe the best / worst boss you ever had.
• If I called your manager, what is the first thing he/she would tell me about you>
• Why are you interested in this job?
• What can you contribute to this company?
• If you were hiring someone for this position, what attributes would you look for?
• Describe your ideal work environment.
• Why should I hire you for this job?
• What are your short and long-term career goals?
• What are you doing to achieve those goals?
• What do you know about our company?
You might also enjoy this article we wrote for people who have been fired or furloughed or need to reinvent yourself, enjoy, and good luck in your job search.